Monday, May 11, 2009

Some crafty things I did over the weekend & Mother's Day

Well I spent a large part of the weekend at the sewing machine. I got a lot of crafty things done. :) I made my mother in law & step-mother in law I guess you could say a fabric box that included a wallflower from bath & bodyworks, some pretty smelling hand sanitizer, and a heat pad thing to put in the microwave and soothe some tight muscles. that was their gift for hosting my baby shower. I wanted to do more, but wiht a tight budget it doesn't allow for much. I also tried my hand at some contoured burp cloths. I am for sure keeping one of them, and the other 3 will likely be in my etsy shop. I started working on a ragged quilt to put in my store or if it turns out totally cute I'm going to give it to a very special friend for her lil girl. I also made my mom & mother in law a burp cloth that says I love grandma on the bottom for mother's day, but they won't get it until lil Miss Bella is here. We are going to put her footprints on them and have her name & birthdate embroidered on them.

My mother's day was okay. Koda made me some adorable things at school. I totally forgot to take pics of them but I will tonight so y'all can see. Other than that it was crappy until we went to Patty's. I was extremely frustratd for numerous reasons, but out of that frustration I was able to clean my entire house and got ALMOST all the laundry done. But today my feet hurt & are still swollen. So i will prolly get griped at tomorrow by the doc. Oh well. At least I have a clean house ;)

I hope everyone had a great weekend & Mother's day. I'll update tomorrow after my doc appt & also post pics of Koda's great artwork he made mommy. Til then here are pics of the crafts I got done this weekend.

No comments: