Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Reflection


These past couple of months have been a whirlwind. I had my heart completely shattered and felt true disappointment. (Which I never want to feel again, and I'm positive I won't.) During that time, the me I showed on the outside would lead everyone to believe that I was completely fine. On the inside all I wanted was to be whole again. I took the plunge and decided I would be whole again. A lot of people weren't happy about my decision, but I don't care about their opinions. I was bound and determined to be happy again, with the one person who did help me to be happy.
I've also learned who my friends truly are through all this. Some stuck with me through it all. They had my back through my split, through my stupid choices, and when I made my decision to be with the one person who has always and always will truly understand me. There are those who completely deserted me when I needed them most, and those that deserted me again when I made the decision to love unconditionally. Through it all I've learned that I really don't care about those that showed their true intentions, or only acted like they cared when it was convenient. I have the few friends that stuck with me. Those people are more than friends they are my family. I also know that all I need is my family. I don't know what I'd do without them.
All this is to say, I'm finally truly happy. I've come out of a dark time, and some bad choices. Thank you to all those that stuck with me through it all. I appreciate it, and love y'all more than you'll ever know.

No comments: